Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Something is going on...

I know this, something is happening. God is doing something. I have heard time and time again, in these past few weeks of people that I really care about dealing with sickness in them personally or someone they love. My own baby is even going to have to have surgery this coming week. All I can do is pray. That in fact it is the best thing to do, right? Our pastor spoke this week on financial blessing and security. His message, though it was geared toward finances touched on possessions, people and plans. We own nothing, we own no one. It all belongs to God. Thinking about that and what that means. The fact that everything and everyone important to us even ourselves does not belong to us. Not my children, husband, friends, my own body, home, money. Nothing belongs to me. I am in control of none of it. To try to control any of it is insanity in my opinion. I have tried and tried and tried. Only to be hurt, disappointed in my self, others. Gotta let it go. Let everyone go. I have often joked that if everyone I knew would just do what I said they would be happy, I would be happy. I have heard others make that joke too. We think we know everything, we know nothing. God knows...He knows the plans He has for us. His plans are good, His ways are good. I don't know where I am going with this, just that I have come to the conclusion that I have to let it go. Whatever "it" is at the time, who ever "it" is at the time. I am not saying I will not pray over situations and people. We are suppose to. I am saying though that I have to learn that I can't control people, what they say, what they do. Give them to God. Ask Him what I should to with my life, children, future. It was a really great sermon and you should listen to it at yourtrinity.org. Pastor Jimmy says it all a lot better than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment