Friday, October 15, 2010

On Top of a Mountian

On a much different note from my other post... my husband and I got to go away together! In a rare, but much needed trip we went to Colorado Springs. It was fabulous, but let me start from the beginning.
We or I guess I should say I, have been wanting to see our pastor, who is also a "marriage expert" speak at his marriage conference for years. He often has them here at our church and every single time I have wanted us to go we have been going out of town for other things. On top of the fact that I never want to push my husband to go to these things if it is not in his heart to do so. But this time I did, not push, but I told him straight out that I really wanted to go and to this one imparticular, because it was taking place in Colorado Springs and I love Colorado. To my surprised, pleasantly, my husband said yes he wanted to go and went to work right away on getting the time off. That was nice. And even more surprising and wonderful was him thinking of and looking for a nice bed and breakfast for us to stay at. We had never done anything like that before and he thought of it and pursued it. I love him for doing that. We had such a good time there.
Okay, but all along the way from the time we decided to go to Colorado Springs for this marriage conference to the time we finalized our B&B it seemed like all the other times, when it seemed like everything was working against us to keep us from bettering our marriage and enjoying ourselves. From money issues, which was my main worry to our poor pastor needing emergency retinal surgery and not being able to make the conference. Ugh, as bad as I felt for him and I did, I was truly annoyed. Not with him, but with the fact that it was like just another thing working against us. I was worried that my husband would not want to go to the conference if they were just going to show a video of the pastor speaking and I wasn't going to push him to go if he was not interested. But to my surprise again he wanted to go still and we did. It was such a blessing to me to hear all we heard. God pointed out somethings to me that I could and needed to change and I think my husband learned somethings too. The conference was two days, but we only went one because we spent money on this Bed and Breakfast and didn't want to miss the breakfast at this place our first morning there. I wouldn't have minded missing the breakfast to go back to the conference, but again, I don't like to push. We stayed in for breakfast and got to tour Manitou Springs and other parts of Colorado Springs. We went to the top of Pikes Peak, I never thought I would ever stand on top of a mountain! I was so happy! Spending time with my husband, relaxing and being in awe of what a beautiful place we were staying in was all so great I was sad to leave. We had fun together. I fell in love with my husband again for making the efforts that he did. It is hard for him, I'm sure, to open up to me but he did. And I think it was even harder for me to try to open up to him in such a intimate setting (the marriage conference).  I can't wait to do this again. 
I could go on and on about the beauty of the mountains and the great things we heard in our partial marriage conference and how great the breakfast was at our B&B, it was so good. The only thing I would change was the innkeeper letting us know not to leave food in our car because it could attract bears! I had never even thought to worry about that until he brought it up as a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment