Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday at last!!

What a busy week! I thought I would have more time on my hands when my kids started school, but that is just not the case. I am glad though because most of my time this week was spent and both my kids Mom In Touch prayer groups. I went to my daughters for the first time and had to take my little one, of course. I came prepared. I brought his cars, three of them. Which I gave to him one at a time so he would not get bored with them all at once and I took him some milk in case he started to fuss. He ate a good breakfast and slept well the night before. Didn't matter though, he reacted just the same! It was awful! He was loud and yelling through most of the prayer time and was ramming his stroller into everything in the room. He was throwing his cars and juice cup everywhere. I was mortified, needless to say. These ladies, just like the ones as my oldest sons MITI prayer meeting were just as gracious and forgiving of his behaviour and encouraged me to comeback. We'll see.
I was so happy to be there because it was my time to pray for my girl. She really needed it this week and we needed it too. She has had a bad week listening, lying and with her attitude. Sometimes, well most of the time, with her I feel like I am at a total loss. She can be very hard headed and doesn't seem to understand the consequences of her actions, even to the extent that a 8, almost 9 year old should. All she sees is that we are getting on to her and that we are punishing her. I know this from finding a little note in her room that said "I hate mom, she is mean to me." Honestly this doesn't hurt my feelings. In the past it would have, but now I realize that she is a kid and doesn't mean it and even if she does, she won't for long. But, what does bother me is that she is not getting anything out of her punishments other than "hate" for me and seeing me as being "mean" to her. We have taken things away from her from privileges to toys, t.v. time, desserts, we have tried spankings, chores on top of her regular chores. What is next after all that??? All I can do is pray for her and us and give her to God. Ask Him and trust that he will guide us with her and that one day (hopefully in my lifetime) she will learn her lessons.
She is so precious and sweet. She is beautiful and loving and helpful and caring. She is not afraid to try things and she is smart. She is changing so much, so fast and I don't want her to spend so much time in trouble. I miss her when she is having to be in her room, punished. I hate not taking her places with me because she has lied again or destroyed something. She is my only girl and I want us to be close. I have seen lots of hard headed and rebellious daughters grow older and turn there hearts back to God and their parents, I pray for that, sooner rather than later, like today!

No comments:

Post a Comment